Diabetes has a manifold adverse impact in human life including sexual potency. The symptoms increase in blood sugar level along with a decline in body insulin, affecting the nervous system, cardiovascular criticalities, mental retardation, and self-conviction, inviting significant sexual disorders.
Impact on men
Studies show that a diabetic patient often has reduced testosterone levels, lessening sex drive.
- Inability to maintain an erection, termed as erectile dysfunction (ED) is most common.
- Consistent blood flow to the male reproductive organ is hampered due to malfunction blood vessels. This damages the nerves.
- Type 2 diabetes with obesity and prostate surgery are also factored into ED.
- The American Diabetes Association says that 10–20 percent of ED cases are due to stress, depression, low self-esteem, fear of sexual failure, etc.
- Diabetes also causes physical and mental fatigue, leading to declining sexual urge.
Psychological disorders can also influence human sex.
Cause and Effects :
- loss of self-esteem
Drugs like selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs) can reduce mental stress. The medicines are Prozac and Zoloft.
The onus is to maintain an optimum blood sugar level which may enable a diabetic patient to lead a normal happy life.
Proper and timely diet, regular exercise, thorough medications are must for a diabetic patient.
Notwithstanding following all, diabetes still rules. In this scenario, Nirmal Bio Herbal have presented “DIABALIN” and “CHINGAAR” , herbal medicines which have proved fruitful.
Treatment options for men
The treatment of both diabetes and sexual disorders are on the track.
- sildenafil (Viagra)
- tadalafil (Cialis)
- vardenafil (Levitra)
- avanafil (Stendra)
These medicines are prescribed post a thorough physical check up.
Some men may find mechanical methods to improve blood flow, such as vacuum pumps and injections for sexual remedies.
Surgery, such as a penile implant, is also an option.
A habit to lead healthy lifestyle , including sexual normalcy, is the key to reduce the adversity of diabetes.
- eating a healthy diet
- regular exercise
- Weight consciousness