“Ashwagandha“ is an ancient medicinal herb. Ashwagandha is one of the most important herbs in Ayurveda, a form of alternative medicine based on Indian principles of natural healing. It has been used for over 3,000 years to relieve stress, increase energy levels, and improve concentration.
Ashwagandha is Sanskrit for the smell of the horse, which refers to both its unique smell and ability to increase strength. Its botanical name is Withania somnifera, and it’s also known by several other names, including Indian ginseng and winter cherry. The Ashwagandha plant is a small shrub with yellow flowers that’s native to India and North Africa. Extracts or powder from the plant’s root is used to treat a variety of conditions.
Many of its health benefits are attributed to its high concentration of withanolides, which have been shown to fight inflammation and tumor growth. It’s classified as an adaptogen, meaning that it can help your body manage stress. Ashwagandha also provides numerous other benefits for your body and brain.
- Increase muscle mass and strength: Ashwagandha has been shown to increase muscle mass, reduce body fat, and increase strength in men
- Help to reduce stress and anxiety: Ashwagandha is perhaps best known for its ability to reduce stress.
- Can reduce cortisol levels: Cortisol is known as a stress hormone given that your adrenal glands release it in response to stress, as well as when your blood sugar levels get too low. Unfortunately, in some cases, cortisol levels may become chronically elevated, which can lead to high blood sugar levels and increased fat storage in the abdomen. Studies have shown that Ashwagandha may help reduce cortisol levels.
- Improve brain function, including memory: Ashwagandha supplements may improve brain function, memory, reaction time, and the ability to perform tasks.
- Reduce symptoms of depression: research available suggests that Ashwagandha may help reduce depression. Can lower cholesterol and triglycerides: Ashwagandha may help reduce the risk of heart disease by decreasing cholesterol and triglyceride levels.
- Can boost testosterone and increase fertility in men: Ashwagandha helps increase testosterone levels and significantly boosts sperm quality and fertility in men.
- Can reduce blood sugar levels: Limited evidence suggests that Ashwagandha reduces blood sugar levels through its effects on insulin secretion and sensitivity. Nirmal Bio Herbal’s Ashwagandha Capsules are made from Root Extracts of Ashwagandha Plant. These Capsules are made from Extract of power 1:10 which means 1 kg of Extract is made from 10 Kgs of raw Ashwagandha roots. So its 10 times more powerful than a normal powder Ashwagandha capsules.